Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sephora Superstars


Oh Sephora, you are one of the main reasons that I am considered a shopaholic. As soon as I heard that the Sephora Favorites Superstars collection was out again, I just knew I had to have it in my hands that day! And I am quite glad that I went out and got it as soon as I did, because it just so happens that I picked up the last one that they had! They sold out super quickly.



As it says on the beautifully packaged box, these items are beauty must haves! A lot of theses items are things that I have had my eye on for quite sometime now, so I was so thrilled to see that they were in this collection. Now, first things first, this collection was an absolute steal. There are 12 items all together in the collection and 9 of them are full sized items. In my opinion, that is amazing. A lot of times when there are collections like this, all of the products are travel sized, so having 9 be full sized is pretty amazing. Also, if you were to purchase all of these items without purchasing them in the collection, they would collectively end up totaling to around $280. This was most fabulously priced at just $75. It probably cannot get better than that!



Now onto products! Okay well to start off, the Soap and Glory A Great Kisser lip balm was not included in the collection, its just something I happened to pick up whilst at Sephora, but it is still an amazing product that smells of peach rings and is super moisturizing. 
Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray - if you are looking to get a beachy, windswept hairstyle, this is the product for you! That is exactly what it does. It leaves your hair looking as if you just came back from a swim in the ocean! It has a same affect as the Not your Mother's Sea Salt Spray.
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil - this is a great product for many things! Two if the best things to use this for are to hydrate and soften the tips of your hair, or to use to hydrate and soften the skin. I personally like to just use it for the tips of my hair, It leaves it looking and feeling super soft and smooth. 
Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream - this eye cream has been on my "must get" list for quite a while now, so I am thrilled to officially have it in my collection! And let me just say, it does its job VERY well. It is meant for brightening and depuffing around the eye area. My eyes tend to get very puffy especially when I first wake up and right after I take off my makeup, but this guy right here completely cures that!
Deborah Lippmann Treatment-infused Nail Color, Cleopatra in New York - I am so in love with this color, especially fir the Fall/Winter seasons. It is black with lovely gold specs in it. The good thing about this polish is that the gold specs do not clump together or become bulky on the nail. They simple glide on like normal nail polish.
Viktor &Rolf, Flowerbomb Rollerball - this is such a great scent for the cooler seasons. Also it is not too strong, but not too sutle. It basically just smells like sweaters and winter. That is the best way to explain its scent! 




And now to the more makeup products!
Nars Lipstick, Dolce Vita - this color is so great for Fall wear. It is a slightly tinted nude that is just beautiful for an everyday look.
Nars Blush & Bronzing Powder Duo, Orgasm (blush) and Laguna (bronzer) - these two products on their own have been calling my name for some time now, so seeing them in a duo just makes everything better. Both are beautifully pigmented and are long lasting. First off, the blush, Orgasm, is one of the most gorgeous blushes ever. It is a pinky, rose color with small gold shimmers in it that make your face look beautifully highlighted. The bronzer, Laguna, is my favorite Nars bronzer. It is not only perfect for contouring the face and bronzing, but also for contouring the crease of the eyes and using it as a shadow color.
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream - oh and my love for Smashbox continues. This is a great product to wear on its own if you only want a light coverage, but can also work great to wear under a foundation. With SPF 35, your skin will be happily thanking you when you wear this BB cream.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel - I was actually pleasantly surprised when I tried this brow gel. I wasn't expecting much of it, but I was proved wrong. This gel has such a strong hold and will undoubtedly last you all day long.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Duo, Sin and Mushroom - Sin and Mushroom are too colors of Urban Decay's collection that can work with so many looks and other shadow colors. Sin is like a taupe, gold color, while sin is more of a silvery, gray color. Both are incredibly easy to blend and wear!
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - this is now officially my new favorite liquid liner. Usually, I am terrible at lining my top lash line with liquid eyeliner, but with the Stila one, it took me just one easy sweep across my lash line and it was perfect! I highly recommend this liner! Also, it is waterproof, which is a plus.
Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Mascara Base and Top Coat - sadly, this mascara duo pack was the only product that I am not raving about. While it did have a Flexistretch Nylon Fiber brush base and also made my lashes look long and pretty awesome, the downside was that it makes your top lashes stick to your bottom lashes when you blink. And lets face it, no one would want to wear a mascara that does that! Even if you are only wearing it on top, it still makes them stick. It also is an absolute pain to take off. I would not recommend this to anyone.

So, basically I am in love with almost everything in the Superstars collection! I could not be more happy that I made the spontaneous purchase as soon as I could. I cannot wait to see what other collections Sephora will bring this year! And of course I will review them as soon as I get my hands on them! 
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment