Sunday, October 27, 2013

Delicious Fall Treats!

Hello there! Well as we all know, once it officially becomes Fall, everything becomes pumpkin flavored. Now, I'm not complaining, I love all of the yummy pumpkin treats that come out in the Fall! And since I love them so much, I decided to make some delicious pumpkin goodies! 

While I was watching my daily YouTube videos, I ran into a video by the marvelous missglamorazzi (Ingrid Nilsen). In the video, Ingrid and Fleur (FleurDeForce), made pumpkin spice mini cakes and pumpkin spice chai lattes. As soon as I saw this, I knew that I absolutely had to make them and let you all know how it went!



Let me just say, these two are perfect Fall treats! They are super easy and quick to make and include healthier choices of ingredients. Also, you make them in the microwave! How easy is that?! If you are a pumpkin spice lover like myself, than you will find pure happiness in making these two treats. A big thanks to Ingrid for these two awesome recipes! If you are interested in making these for a lovely Fall night or a get together with some friends, I'll link Ingrid's video at the bottom! 

Now, I also took some time tonight to make some other Fall treats! These are more of a healthy Halloween candy! They are homemade peanut butter cups and almond butter cups! These are also so super easy to make and take only about 10 minutes to freeze! Here are the ingredients that you'll need:

-1/2 cup of peanut butter or almond butter (whichever you prefer)
-2 tbs of honey
-1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
-a pinch of salt
-2 bags of dark chocolate morsels (preferable some that have a decent % of cacao in them)

These are so simple to do. First, melt your chocolate morsels in a bowl. Next, mix your peanut butter (or almond butter), honey, vanilla extract, and salt together in a separate bowl. Then, take some baking cups (they can be full sized or minis, depending how big you want your peanut butter cups) and put them in a cupcake baking pan and spoon a small amount of your melted chocolate into the cups. You want just enough to cover the bottom of the cups. Then take your mixture of ingredients and scoop a small spoonful of that and place it on top of the layer of chocolate. Next, just take another scoop of your chocolate and cover the peanut butter mix scoop.

(I had to use a regular baking pan instead of a cupcake pan .. thanks for not answering my call ma!) 

Then, you just put your trays into the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes and then they are ready to go! After they are set in the freezer for 10 minutes, you can then place them in the refrigerator until they are ready to be eaten! 


And this is the finished peanut butter and almond butter cups! If you decide to make these, I hope you enjoy the delicious healthiness that it is! This is a great healthy alternative to buying peanut butter cups, especially if you are having a Halloween party of some sort. Try serving this homemade version instead and see how it goes!

Happy Halloween! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment