Sunday, October 6, 2013

Daily Makeup Routine!



Now, I am no beauty expert, but I have been finding my way around in the beauty/makeup world pretty well. My daily makeup routine most definitely changes at least monthly because I have to admit, I am a complete product junkie! But, for right now these products are what I have been using everyday in my makeup routine. I have found these products to be working best with my skin. Some I have been using for years, while  others are very new to me. Firstly, before I start my makeup every morning, I use Clean & Clear  Morning Glow Moisturizer. I love this morning moisturizer because it has SPF 15 and is oil-free. It always leaves my skin brightened and ready for makeup! I also use the Burt's Bees Eye Cream which has been a huge help with  keep under my eyes hydrated without leaving a heavy, oil-like feel on my skin. After I moisturize, I am ready to start my makeup!





Benefit's "That Gal" Primer - now this primer is actually a new addition to my makeup collection and the first step in my makeup routine. Usually, I will stick with my trusty Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control Primer, but I decided to change it up a bit when I finished my Smahbox primer. "That Gal" is a lovely primer that leaves your skin feeling radiant and bright. It is a very different primer than Smashbox, but it is still great and very good for leaving your skin radiant all day even with all of your makeup on. Although, if you want more of a coverage primer, I would go for the Smashbox one over Benefit's. 




Maybelline Cover Stick Corrector Concealer - this is my next step and it has been in my makeup collection for YEARS. I have gone through about 3 of these little lifesavers. Luckily, they do last me a pretty long time. This concealer stick helps with everything from dark under eye circles to little annoying red spots. It contradicts the red spots with its green color. Yes, it does turn your face a bit green, but foundation easily solves that problem. This is most definitely one of my all time beauty favorites! 





L'Oreal Infallible Advanced Never Fail Makeup - when it comes to foundation, I like to change it up quite a bit. This one has been in my makeup routine for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I am loving it. At first, I was a little unsure of it because by the end of the day it was starting to look a little cakey, but then I realized I may have been using just a bit too much. Once I started only using about a dime size for my entire face, I fell in love with this product! If you use the smallest amount, it leaves you skin looking flawless. I use the shade Nude Beige 605. To apply, I simply use a foundation brush from my Shany Cosmetics brush collection.




Urban Decay De-slick Mattifying Powder - this product is about a month old and has been such a life changer when it comes to makeup. This matted powder keeps my foundation in place all day and leaves my face oil free. It also does not leave a cakey look to your face. This product is great too because unlike the Maybelline Matted Powder, you do not have to match your shade, it is just a white powder. No worries, it does not come out white and make you look like a ghost.





Sephora Bronzing Powder - This bronzer is also another one of my products that I have been using for years. It has been brilliant to me and last for quite a long time! This one has been with me for over a year and a half. It is only the second one I have been through and I hit pan almost 9 months ago. This bronzer is perfect for contouring cheek bones. I have shade 3, Los Cabos and use a bronzing brush from my Shany collection.




Benefit's Rockateur Blush - okay, this blush is the perfect rose gold color. If you are a rose gold fan, like me, this is a blush for you. It is a new blush in the Benefit's collection and looks so natural. There are little gold glimmers in the blush as well. It's not like a shimmer, the little gold specs make your skin look amazing when the light hits it. This is one of my all time favorite blushes!




Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24 hour Eye Shadow, Inked in Pink - This cream eye shadow is a great base for an everyday makeup look. It can work by itself or you can pair it with another color to make it go from a day look to a night look. All of the Maybelline Color Tattoo colors are awesome, but this is by far my favorite! It's quick and easy to put on and blends with anything.






Stila In the Light Eye Shadow Palette - this palette is one of my all time favorite eye shadow palettes. It has such a great variety of colors to work with and all the colors blend easily, not only together, but also with other brands of shadows. Normal, I will use the Maybelline Color Tattoo to cover my whole lid, and then use gilded gold from the Stila palette (second color on the bottom row) one the outter corner of my eyes and my crease. I love this look for an easy daytime routine!





Too Faced, Smokey Eye Palette - I used to use this palette a lot before I found Stila, but now-a-days I just use one of the colors to fill in my eyebrows! I use the color Up in Smoke (top row on the right). To fill my brows, I just use an angled brush from the Shany collection.





Stila smudge stick waterproof eye liner - I use this eye liner to line my tight line and my upper lash line. This is one of my favorite eye liners because it stays on throughout the day without even fading the slightest bit. I also have oily eye lids, and this eye liner does not smudge (despite its name) or leave excess liner on my lids. When I line my tight line with this, I shut my eyes super tight for a few seconds and then the eye line actually creates a perfect thin line on my water line as well! It is perfect for lining everything.





Covergirl Flamed Out Waterproof Mascara - this mascara is definitely up there with some of my favorite mascaras. It make my lashes much longer and adds lots of volume to them. I use this mascara only for my top lashes, because I like to use my usual mascara (Benefit's They're Real!) for my lower lashes. I have had this mascara for about a month and it has been working wonders for me. Although, if you do have trouble curling your lashes, this may not be the mascara for you because it can weigh down your lashes just a tad.





Benefit's They're Real! - this mascara is my favorite mascara that I have ever found so far. Although I am not using it on my top lashes right now because I wanted to change things up, this mascara makes your lashes look perfect! It truly does look like you have falsies on! I now use this for my lower lashes because it gets every lash and makes them look just perfect. I highly recommend this mascara!!





Benefit Erase Paste Concealer - this concealer has been my best friend since I got it a month ago. It is my favorite concealer that I have ever tried. Clearly, I am a lover of Benefit! This helps with dark under eye circles and any little red spot or blemishes that you may have. And you only need a dab to cover anything up. I like to use my concealer after I finish my eye makeup because it can then cover any eye makeup that may have accidentally gotten under my eyes.





Benefit's Watt's Up Highlighter - This highlighter is the perfect highlighter! It gives just enough lightness to the inner corner of your eyes, your brow bone, and your cheek bones!





Maybelline Baby Lips, Dr. Rescue, Berry Soft 60 - this baby lips is a life changer! It is different than the regular Baby Lips because it has menthol in it which makes your lips feel cool and tingly when you put it on. Also this brand of Baby Lips is better tinted with better colors than the original Baby Lips. The color I like to use for a daily look is the Berry Soft (60). It is a sheer pink/purple shade that looks great with many outfits.


Okay, well that was my daily makeup routine! I hope you liked it and maybe found some of my opinions on the products useful! I am loving being able to state my opinion on products through my blog and I can't wait for what's to come on it!! Thanks for reading!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment