Thursday, October 24, 2013

Long Lasting Makeup and MEETING NIKKI PHILLIPPI!!

Hello there! Well today I was going to make some yummy Halloween treats, but I decided to save that for a weekend and then make a post out of it when I have more time! So instead, here are some very helpful tips in making your makeup last all day without smudging or budging! 

Tip #1 - use a primer. Yes, this is an extra step in your makeup routine, but it does not take very long at all! Priming your face before putting your makeup on can really help give your makeup that extra stay that you need to make it last all day! Some of my favorites are Benefit's "that gal" radiant primer and Smashbox photo finish primer. 

Tip #2 - setting spray. Now I have only recently started using a setting spray, but I definitely see a difference in the longwear of my makeup. It truly makes my makeup stay all day. But there's a trick to making it last extra long. Use the setting spray after you use a primer but BEFORE you use foundation. Then use the setting spray once again after you have completely finished your look. Then you will be good to go for the day! The setting spray that I have been loving is the Urban Decay de-slick spray. They also have setting sprays for dry skin.

Tip #3 - use an eye primer. No one likes for their eye shadow to fade or wear off throughout the day! And to prevent that, we have an eye primer! Use your eye primer right before you put your shadow on and it is she to stay in place and vibrantly colorful throughout your day! The eye primer that I use and love is the Rimmel Exaggerate primer.

Tip #4 - waterproof eyel liner and mascara. This one is pretty obvious, but it is very important! If you want a longwear makeup look, waterproof products are a must. Using a waterproof eye liner and mascara prevents from all that black smudging and the dreadful raccoon eyes. I use a waterproof eye liner everyday on my top and bottom lash lines. All of my eye liners just happen to be waterproof! Now using a waterproof mascara on your upper lashes everyday tends to actually dry out your lashes, so instead, I like to use a mascara that is not waterproof on my upper lashes and use a waterproof mascara on my lower lashes! This still prevents you from walking around with black all over your eyes!

Tip #5 - using a shadow to set your liner. I absolutely LOVE this tip. I used to have trouble with keeping my upper liner from smudging throughout the day until I started to take a matching color shadow and pack it on top of the eye liner! It works like a setting powder and let's you keep the same look as you had with just the liner.

Tip #6 - conceal your lips. This tip does sound a bit weird, but I promise, it does work! Before you put your lip product on, take a bit of concealer and put it on your lips, focusing on the middle/inner part of your lips. This keeps your lip product staying in place all day! Although, I do not recommend using this tip for a lip gloss. With lip glosses being sheer, you would be able to see through to the concealer, which no one wants to see!

Tip #7 - fill your lips with a lip liner. Instead of just lining your lips with a lip liner, fill in your entire lip with the liner. Make sure to start in the center of the lips, and the move out towards the edges. Once you've fille the entire lip in, then you can apply your lip product! This makes the color last a whole lot longer than normal. And once the color of your lipstick/gloss does start to wear off, you are left with a stain that will then take you through the rest of your day!


OMG so just about a half hour ago, I got to spend 15 minutes talking to one of my absolute favorite YouTubers ever, Nikki Phillippi!! I went to her Houston meet up and it was just perfect! She is such an inspiration and a great role model for so many girls! I am so happy I finally got to meet her! She was so sweet and so interested in my life and what I had to say. She truly is a beautiful person! Thank you Nikki!! If you are interested in watching her amazing YouTube channel, here it is! http://www.youtube.com/user/NikkiPhillippi




I hope that these tips were helpful in making your makeup last you all day! The next post is sure to be something to do with some Halloween treats, so keep a watch for that! Xoxo




2 comments: