Sunday, February 15, 2015

Songs That Inspire!

I love listening to music whenever I travel anywhere. Whether it's in an airport, on a bus, walking, or stuck in traffic on my way home from work. Music can make things go from a boring drag to a fun concert in your head. 
Music is also something that inspires my wanderlust. So now I give to you, my top 17 songs that make me want to hop on a plane and travel! I highly recommend to give them a listen if you have the chance. (Note: some of these songs have absolutely nothing to do with travel, but a memory associated with travel.) 

1. 53 Steps - Rachel Platten
"I am 53 steps from my apartment, I've memorized the cracks that age the road. I couldn't quite grasp what my heart meant, but I think that it was telling me to go"  This song makes me want to drop everything and run away to travel forever. 


2. Nothing Ever Happens - Rachel Platten
"A ticket out sits on her shelf, but gathers dust upon itself. Cause chasing shots is for the brave, maybe soon she'll feel that way"
  Rachel Platten's songs are the definition of inspiration. I just want to quote this whole song!! This is probably the song that most inspires me to go. Every line in the song speaks to me and my wanderlust. A dreamers song!


3. Ready To Run
- One Direction
"This time I'm ready to run, escape from the city and follow the sun"   This song is about following your heart and your love to wherever it/they are in the world. For me, I see it as following my dream. Wherever it may be in this world!


4. I Lived
- One Republic
"I owned every second that this world could give, I saw so many places, the things that I did, yeah worth every broken bone, I swear I lived"   This song reminds me of why I love to travel...to live! It's all about making sure life doesn't escape you.


5. 3x5
- John Mayer
"Didn't have a camera by my side this time, hoping I would see the world with both my eyes"  


6. Boom Clap
 - Charlie XCX
"Boom clap, the sound of my heart, the beat goes on and on and on and on and"   This song is in here because it plays in the scene of The Fault In Our Stars when Gus and Hazel first touch down in Amsterdam. So, it will always remind me of Amsterdam. And one day when I visit, this will be the song that I play as I arrive!


7. The City
- The 1975
"Yeah you wanna find love then you know where the city is, the city is"


8. Daydreaming
- Paramore
"Not that won't remember where I'm from, just don't want to be here no more ... It's not enough ... I'm gonna go ... Where the rest of the dreamers go"


9. Disconnected
- 5 Seconds of Summer
"I admit I'm a bit of a victim in the world wide system too, but I found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you, turn down the static sound of the city that never sleeps, here in the moment on the dark side of the screen"   Just makes me wants to quit technology and run away!


10. Independence Day
- 5 Seconds of Summer
"I'm not gonna waste my life away, this is my independence day"   \m/


11.  International Smile
- Katy Perry
"That girl's a trip, a one way ticket, takes you miles high, so high, cause she's got that one international smile"   I mean, come one, it even has the word international in it! It's a must for any travel lovers (especially good for girls!).


12. Let Me In
- Grouplove
"All this time been trippin' and slippin' around, you got me, now I'm swimmin', swimmin' in clouds"

13. Long Way Down
- Tom Odell
"It's a long way down, you know it's a long way down, feels like a long way down, love it feels like a long way down"   This is going to sound extremely weird, but my favorite place to listen to this is actually on a plane. Cause, I mean, it really is a long way down!

14. Simple As This
- Jake Bugg
"Oh, the answer, well who would have guessed, could be something as simple as this, something as simple as this"

15. Starlight - Taylor Swift
"Don't you see the starlight, starlight, don't you dream impossible things"   Another song for dreamers! This song always reminds me to chase my dreams, cause without our dreams, we sometimes lose sight of the important things in life.

16. Why Not - Hilary Duff
"You keep waiting where you are, f
or what you'll never know, let's just get in to your car and go, baby go, so why not, take a crazy chance, why not, do a crazy dance, if you lose a moment you might lose a lot, so why not, why not"   These lyrics just say it all.


17. Fight Song - Rachel Platten
"And I don't really care if nobody else believes, cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me"   Yes, another Rachel Platten song! I highly suggest listening to her music. She is one of my absolute favorites and deserves all the success in the world! And if you want to feel empowered or inspired, Fight Song is the song for you!!!

Well there you have it! I hope these inspire you as they inspire me!


xx



No comments:

Post a Comment