Saturday, October 17, 2015

Flying With The Northern Lights

If you have ever read this blog, you'd know that seeing the Northern Lights is where everything started for me. That was my main reason and motivation for leaving a comfortable life for one of constant movement and change.  As I'm writing this, I'm on my third flight of the day, on the first day of my new life. And what just happened on this flight was everything I wanted and more. It was magical.

Flying With The Northern Lights 
What it's like to become one with your dream. 

Right now I have no idea what time it is, and I think we're flying somewhere over Greenland. Not going to lie, it has been a long day of running around airports, waiting in long security lines, and getting almost no sleep for 2 days prior. So let's just say I was really looking forward to sleeping on this overnight flight to Reykjavik, Iceland. 

But what just happened on this flight makes me so happy that I wasn't able to fall asleep. 

Just as the not so comfortable seats of a budget airline were starting to get the best of me, the flight attendant came over the intercom announcing that she was going to turn all the cabin lights off because there is a show going on outside of our windows.

As all of the lights went out, I looked out my window and was in complete awe. It was my dream becoming a reality. 

The Northern Lights were right in front of me. Brilliant green colors moving around and dancing in the sky.  It wasn't like we were just observing them though. It was as if we were part of them. Dancing through the sky with them. 

And for those few minutes, we were just one with the beautiful display of lights. It was the most magical moment that I have ever experienced in my life. Even now that we are past the Auroras, the sky is still putting on a show for this flight. I have never seen more stars than the amount that I am looking at right now. 

I wish everyone had the opportunity to witness what I witnessed tonight. Thank you for a beautiful start to my new life, Auroras! 

8 comments:

  1. You are amazing my beautiful girl!!! So happy you got to see this :) Keep following your dreams and keep posting so we can experience it with you. Not gonna lie....missing our early morning car rides and you're being my co-pilot, but I am so proud of you. You have such a kind heart and a beautiful spirit. Enjoy this time of your life, make new friends, try new things, but never forget how much all the people at home love you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mom!! Love and miss you too <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Oh Taylor you made me cry reading this - I am so happy for you - please keep writing descriptively about everything you see and experience, so I can feel like I am right there with you, as I will never have the opportunity in my lifetime to experience all that you are right now! I am living vicariously through you, so I want to hear about everything!!! Love you to the Northern Lights and back - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers everyday - safe travels - can't wait to read your next blog ((hugs)) and kisses from NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Tayls... I just sat here and teared up like a little girl while I was reading this entry. That silly goose of a little girl that I once knew has become maybe the most amazing... coolest chick-of-a-woman I have ever known!!

    So proud of you little girl.

    And don't think for a second... that the people who read this and experience your courage, and how you had the clarity to actually know... what your dream was... AND to run towards it... aren't going to feel inspired and re-energized themselves... as I am!!

    It's almost impossible not to feel a life's page turn to a brand new, wide open, pristine page... awaiting a brand new start!

    Can't believe I'm learning a life-lesson... from my 20 year old niece!
    How neat is that huh!!

    "Life isn't the amount of breaths you take... it's the moments that take your breath away!!"

    Like viewing the Northern Lights at 30,000 feet in the sky while traveling at 200 miler per hour!
    Takes my breath away from all the way here in Freehold New Jersey!

    Don't forget... ALWAYS listen to your gut!!!

    Later gator...
    love ya Tayls.....

    UT
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sitting here crying too! I admire you so much Taylor for going out there and following your dreams! Everyone dreams but very few make them a reality! Keep dreaming and keep making them come true!
      Stay safe and fill us in on all your experiences so we can feel like we are right there with you!
      Live, Love, Laugh is my favorite saying and it so describes you in every way!
      Love ya!
      Aunt Stef

      Delete
    2. Thank you both so so so much!!! Love you guys, can't wait to see you at Christmas!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete