Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Favorite Travel Bloggers of 2014



So, as I spent a majority of my time in 2014 researching all things travel, I have read an insane amount of travel blogs. And some were so helpful and inspiring to me, that I want to share them with you too!

Adventurous Kate (Kate McCulley)                                                   Adventurous Kate was actually one of the very first travel blogs that I started to really read. She was one of the first people to truly inspire me to travel solo. When I first became a reader of hers, I was still on the fence about traveling, especially since I knew I would be going at it alone. But once I read around 3 post by Kate, I was sold on traveling solo. Her focus is trying to show her readers and the world that it is okay and safe to be a solo female traveler. And she will be one of the speakers at the Women In Travel Summit that I am going to in March, so I am SO excited to be able to see one of my travel inspirations face to face!


Nomadic Matt (Matt Kepnes)  Matt was also a huge inspiration and help to me while researching how to start planning my trip. He has a huge amount of advice on his site. He basically has a step by step guide for everything you would need to know about how to plan your travels. And Matt responded to my concerned e-mail so quickly and gave me that extra boost of confidence that I really needed to get myself started. I was at a point where I was ready to start planning my trip, but my family did not want me going solo at all. So, I e-mailed Matt explaining my concerns and my families concerns, and he got back to me within about an hour, giving me great advice and calming my nerves. He is also a huge help in my traveling solo. AND he's just released his newest book and is going on tour for it now (go check it out!!)! So I'll get to meet him this February when he comes to Houston, and I am SO SO excited. I can't wait to thank him in person!


World of Wanderlust
(Brooke Saward)                                              
Last, but certainly not least, my latest obsession, World of Wanderlust (WoW)! I started reading Brooke's blog in November. Since then, I have read every single post on there. And read all of her books. Her writings are that good. She is also a solo female traveler, who booked a one way ticket to London a year ago and has been traveling solo for this whole year. She shares all of her stories and tips for solo female travelers, and they are so very helpful. She also has a YouTube channel! Brooke has been such an inspiration to me and my travels. Since reading her blog, I have added so many cities to my list of places to visit while I travel. My favorite thing about World of Wanderlust is that from reading it, I become more and more confident about taking that leap of faith and going solo. My favorite quote from Brooke's blog is "All it takes is one moment of insane courage.". Because it's so true. Reading her blog has taught me that. All it takes is the courage to step out that door and don't look back. And I cannot wait to do that.


I hope you take a look at these amazing bloggers and are just as inspired as I was! Their adventures are so thrilling and so inspiring. They were a huge help in giving me the courage to pursue my dream of traveling. I can't wait to put their advice into action this year.

Thanks for reading loves! Don't forget to follow your dreams ..
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment