Wednesday, November 11, 2015

London's Oxford Street Lush



My stay in London was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Being surrounded by so much history, culture, and iconic places was so inspiring and rejuvenating. Also, having a flat to myself made the entire stay even more fun. Getting to cook my own meals every night and just have a week to take some time to relax was exactly what I needed.

Between running around London and seeing all of the magnificent sights, I managed to find myself in my happy place: Lush.

Now I'm usually excited to be in any Lush, but this Lush was even better because it was the Oxford Street Lush. Aka the biggest Lush in the world. Now, if you know me at all, you know that Lush is my weakness. I can go in there planning to get one item and come out with half the store in my basket. And of course, Oxford Street Lush was no exception at all. This is an absolute must go to for anyone who is a fan of Lush.

As soon as I walked in the door, there was a lovely employee there to greet me. He even let me clean my glasses off with a handkerchief that he had! 
It was pouring rain outside, so it was so wonderful to walk into the warm environment of Lush. When you walk into the store, it is like heaven on earth to a Lushie. It is a three floor store with every Lush product that you can imagine. There are even products exclusive to only the Oxford Street store. The bright colors of all the bath bombs, bubble bars, and soaps make it seem magical. Then add on the perfect scents of all of the new Christmas products, and you are taken away to the enchanting world of Lush instantly.

I wasn't in the store for even one minute when an employ came up to me and offered me a tour around the whole store. I of course said yes, and then we were on our way. The employee was called Lottie, and she was just so passionate about her job and the company as a whole. We started out on the lower level of the store, which was filled with an array of skin care products from fresh face masks, to moisturizers, to massage bars. Lottie even sat me down and tried out one of the massage bars (Therapy) on my arm. It was fantastic.

After we picked up a few things on the first floor (massage bar, solid perfume, and a fresh face mask), we moved on to the main ground floor. This was the floor that was filled with hair care products, makeup, and shower products. Also, every floor had gifts sets all around as well. The first thing we did on the second floor was go to the hair lab. The hair lab was a little section of the shop that allows the employees to try out hair care products on their customers. So of course I was up for that! Lottie washed my hair using the Jersey Bounce shampoo and then conditioned it using Jungle conditioner. While the conditioner was setting in, she even gave me a lovely scalp massage! After we rinsed the conditioner out, she used the hair moisturizer R&B, and then styled my hair for me. Afterwards, my hair felt absolutely amazing, so I had to pick up the products that she used.

Next, we went to the third floor, and this is where I just went crazy with the products. Bath bombs. So many bath bombs. And bubble bars. And bath melts.

There were so many bath bombs, melts, bubble bars, and fun that I have never even heard of before. It was like a Lushie's dream come true. I started out with the bath bombs, basically picking up every Christmas one they had. Then I picked up a few of the Oxford Street exclusive bath bombs as well. Next was bath melts. This store in particular had so many exclusive melts. So of course, I had to get some of those as well. They had melts like Cloak of Invisibility, Shark Infested Custard, and Monsieur Gustav. Bubble bars and soaps were last on the top floor. For soaps, I picked up one of the Christmas special ones called Snowcake. It is a shimmering marzipan-scented soap that just screams Christmas. Then some of the bubble bars that I got were Bar Humbug, The Magic of Christmas, Five Gold Rings, Flowering Tea, and Little Dragon.

Once I was done picking up WAY too many bath products, we moved back down to the main floor and went towards the makeup! On our way over to the makeup, Lottie and I stopped at the toothy tabs. Toothy tabs are little tablets that you use in replace of tooth paste. Theses are made mostly with essential oils and seed powder that help in cleansing your teeth. I've used toothy tabs before and loved them. The one that I picked up this time was called Bling!. Bling! is made with a refreshing Brazilian Orange Oil that makes the tab taste of orange and gives you a great fresh start to your day.

Once we finished with the toothy tabs, it was makeup time! Lottie was so kind and asked if I wanted her to do my makeup (free hair AND makeup treatments, yes please!!). First, she took my makeup off using the cleanser, Ultrabland. I really enjoyed this cleanser, as it made my skin feel super clean and still hydrated. Then she used the Breath of Fresh Air water toner on me before getting started with the makeup. For foundation, she used the shade Light Pink. It matched my skin perfectly! Then she used a blusher in a plum color, and the Eyes Right mascara in Black. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the products she used and ended up getting the mascara and foundation. The mascara didn't make my lashes feel dried out, and is now one of my favorites!

Lastly, we headed to check out. This was the scary part for me, as I had just spent WAY WAY WAY more money than I had intended, but I almost knew that was going to happen anyways! All in all, this Lush was absolutely PERFECT! The employees were wonderful and there was always someone there to help or answer any questions needed. Oh I cannot wait for the day that I can be back in this lovely Oxford Street Lush!!!


P.S. Not all of the products bought were for me. Actually about 5 were for me, the rest were sent away to friends and family :)



2 comments: